Submerged Arc Welded Steel Pipe has its unique advantages in many ways:
(1) Steel pipes of the same width can be used to produce steel pipes of different diameters, especially for producing large diameter steel pipes with narrow strip steel.
(2) Under the same pressure conditions, the spiral weld is subjected to less stress than the straight seam, which is 75% to 90% of the straight seam welded pipe, and thus can withstand a large pressure. Compared with the straight seam welded pipe of the same outer diameter, the wall thickness can be reduced by 10% to 25% under the same pressure.
(3) The size is accurate, the general diameter tolerance is not more than 0.12%, the deflection is less than 1/2000, and the ellipticity is less than 1%. Generally, the sizing and straightening process can be omitted.
(4) It can be continuously produced. In theory, it can produce infinitely long steel pipes, with small loss of cutting head and tail cutting, which can improve the utilization rate of metal by 6% to 8%.
(5) Compared with the straight seam welded pipe, it is flexible in operation and easy to change the variety.
(6) The equipment is light in weight and has low initial investment. It can be made into a trailer-type mobile unit, and the welded pipe can be directly produced at the construction site where the pipeline is laid.
(7) It is easy to realize mechanization and automation.